No Use by Minors Permitted
Our Service is intended for use by individuals who are at least 18 years of age or such older age as may be required by applicable state laws in the jurisdiction in which an individual utilizes the Service. The Service is not designed or intended to attract, and is not directed to, children under eighteen (18) years of age, let alone thirteen (13) years of age. If we obtain actual knowledge that we have collected personal information through the Platform from a person under thirteen (13) years of age, we will use reasonable efforts to refrain from further using such personal information or maintaining it in retrievable form.
Furthermore, if you are under eighteen (18) years of age, then you (or your parent or legal guardian) may at any time request that we remove content or information about you that is posted on the Platform. Please submit any such request (“Request for Removal of Minor Information”) to either of the following:
- By mail: Conversion Labs, Rx LLC DBA: Shapiro MD, Attn: Privacy Officer, 800 Third Avenue, Suite 2800, New York, NY 10022, with a subject line of “Removal of Minor Information. If you send by mail, please send by U.S. Certified Mail, Return Receipt Requested to allow for confirmation of mailing, delivery and tracking.
- By email: firstname.lastname@example.org, with a subject line of “Removal of Minor Information”
For each Request for Removal of Minor Information, please state “Removal of Minor Information” in the email or letter subject line, and clearly state the following in the body of the request:
- The nature of your request
- The identity of the content or information to be removed
- The locations of the content or information on the Platform (e.g.) by providing the URL)
- That the request is related to the “Removal of Minor Information”
- Your name, street address, city, state, zip code and email address and whether you prefer to receive a response to your request by mail or email.
We will not accept any Request for Removal of Minor Information via telephone or facsimile. Shapiro MD is not responsible for failing to comply with any Request for Removal of Minor Information that is incomplete, incorrectly labeled or incorrectly sent.
Please note that we are not required to erase or otherwise eliminate, or enable erasure or elimination of such content or information in certain circumstances, such as, for example, when an international, federal, state, or local law, rule or regulation requires Shapiro MD to maintain the content or information; when the content or information is stored on or posted to the Site by a third party other than you (including any content or information posted by you that was stored, republished or reposted by the third party); when Shapiro MD anonymizes the content or information, so that you cannot be individually identified; when you do not follow the aforementioned instructions for requesting the removal of the content or information; and when you have received compensation or other consideration for providing the content or information.
The foregoing is a description of Shapiro MD’ voluntary practices concerning the collection of personal information through the Service from certain minors, and is not intended to be an admission that Shapiro MD is subject to the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act, the Federal Trade Commission’s Children’s Online Privacy Protection Rule(s), or any similar international, federal, state, or local laws, rules, or regulations.
Protected Health Information
When you set up an account with Shapiro MD, you are creating a direct customer relationship with Shapiro MD that enables you to access and/or utilize the various functions of the Platform and the Service as a user. As part of that relationship, you provide information to Shapiro MD, including but not limited to, your name, email address, shipping address and phone number, that we do not consider to be “protected health information” or “medical information”.
The Medical Groups and Providers have adopted a Notice of Privacy Practices that describes how they use and disclose Protected Information. By accessing or using any part of the Service, you are acknowledging receipt of the Notice of Privacy Practices from your Medical Group and Provider(s).
Collection and Use of Information
- You can visit the websites of Shapiro MD without revealing any personal information. However, Shapiro MD needs certain personal information if you wish to purchase our products, register for an affiliate account, or receive Shapiro MD’s newsletter and exclusive email special offers.
- Where required, this information may include your personal contact information. Shapiro MD will use this information to reply to your inquiries, to provide you with requested products and services, to set up your member’s account, and to contact you regarding new products and services.
- Shapiro MD, as do the other sites you visit, automatically receives and records high tech non-personal information on our server logs from your browser including your IP address, cookie information and the page you requested. Shapiro MD may use this information to customize the information, advertising and content you see and to fulfill your requests for certain products and services; with the ultimate goal to ensure your shopping experience is of the highest quality. You can be assured, Shapiro MD does not connect this non-personal data to any personal information collected from you.
- In connection with providing the Service, we and our affiliates and service providers may use your information, subject to the limitations addressed in the Protected Health Information Section above, for a number of purposes, including, but not limited to: verifying your identity; confirming your location; administering your account; fulfilling your payments’ processing your payments’ facilitating your movement through Service; facilitating your use of the Service and/or products or services offered through the Service; communicating with you by letter, email, text, telephone or other forms of communication; providing you with information about Shapiro MD, the Pharmacies, the Medical Groups, the Providers and/or their business, products and services by letter, email, text, telephone or other forms of communication; providing you with customer support; providing you with information about third-party businesses, products and services by letter, email, text, telephone or other forms of communication; developing, testing or improving the Service and content, features and/or products or services offered via the Service; identifying or creating new products, services, marketing and/or promotions for Shapiro MD or the Service; promoting the marketing Shapiro MD, the Service, and the products and/or services offered via the Service; improving user experience with the Service; analyzing traffic to and through Service; Analyzing user behavior and activity on or through the Service; conducting research and measurement activities for purposes of product and services research and develop, advertising claim substantiation, market research, and other activities related to Shapiro MD, the Service or products and services offered via the Service; monitoring the activities of you and others on or through the Service; placing and tracking orders for products or services on your behalf; protecting or enforcing Shapiro MD’s rights and properties; protecting or enforcing the rights and properties of others (which may include you); when required by applicable law, court order or other governmental authority (including, without limitation and by way of example only, in response to a subpoena or other legal process); or Shapiro MD believes in good faith that such use is otherwise necessary or advisable (including, without limitation and by way of example only, to investigate, prevent or take legal action against someone who may be causing injury to, interfering with, or threatening the rights, obligations or properties of Shapiro MD, a user of the Service, which may include you, or anyone else who may be harmed by such activities or to further Shapiro MD’s legitimate business interests).
- Shapiro MD ensures your information is safe and secure, and will NEVER be sold.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
- Shapiro MD may disclose your personal information to sister sites Shapiro MD who work on behalf of Shapiro MD to provide complementary products and services requested by you. We will share personal information for these purposes only as our sister sites Shapiro MD have privacy policies that mirror ours or who agree to abide by our collective policies with respect to personal information.
- Shapiro MD may otherwise disclose your personal information when:
- We have your express consent to share the information for a specified purpose;
- We need to respond to subpoenas, court orders or such other legal process;
- We need to protect the personal safety of the users of our websites or defend the rights or property of Shapiro MD;
- We find that your actions on our websites violate the Shapiro MD terms or any of our usage guidelines for specific products or services.
- Shapiro MD has implemented display advertising and uses remarketing with Google analytics to communicate and advertise online. It means that third-party vendors, including Google, show our ads on sites across the Internet to ensure you stay informed of our latest specials and products of interest.
- Shapiro MD along with third-party vendors, including Google, use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookie) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) together to inform, optimize, and serve ads based on your past visits to our website. This is typical with your other website browsing activities.
- If you do not consent to the collection, use or disclosure of your personal information as outlined in this policy, please do not provide any personal information to Shapiro MD. If you have provided personal information to Shapiro MD and no longer consent to its use or disclosure as outlined herein, please notify Shapiro MD at email@example.com
- Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be considered 100% secure. However, your Shapiro MD information protected for your privacy and security. In certain areas of our websites, as identified on the site, Shapiro MD uses industry-standard SSL-encryption to protect data transmissions.
- We also safeguard your personal information from unauthorized access, through access control procedures, network firewalls and physical security measures.
- Further, Shapiro MD retains your personal information only as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes identified above or as required by law.
Shapiro MD may retain your information for as long as it believes necessary; as long as necessary to comply with its legal obligations, resolve disputes and/or enforce its agreements; and/or as long as needed to provide you with the products and/or services of the Service or Shapiro MD. Shapiro MD may dispose of or delete any such information at any time, except as set forth in any other agreement or document executed by Shapiro MD or as required by law.
Similarly, the Medical Groups and Providers may retain your information for as long as they believe necessary; as long as necessary to comply with their respective legal obligations, resolve disputes and/or enforce its agreements; and/or as long as needed to provide you with the products and/or services of the Medical Groups and Providers. The Medical Groups and Providers may dispose of or delete any such information at any time, except as set forth in any other agreement or document executed by the Medical Groups or Providers or as required by law.
Retention, Review, and Change of Information Collected
You may request at any time that Shapiro MD provide you with an opportunity to review and change your personal information (i.e., information that would allow someone to specifically identify you or contact you physically or online such as your name, physical address, telephone number, email address or SSN) collected through the Service or to no longer use your personal information to provide you with any products or services. Please submit any such request (“Request Concerning Personal Information”) to anyone of the following:
- By mail: Conversion Labs, Rx LLC DBA: Shapiro MD, Attn: Privacy Officer, 800 Third Avenue, Suite 2800, New York, NY 10022, with a subject line of “Your Personal Information.”
- By email:firstname.lastname@example.org, with a subject line of “Your Personal Information.”
For each Request Concerning Personal Information, please state “Your Personal Information” in the email or letter subject line, and clearly state the following in the body:
- the nature of your request;
- that the request is related to “Your Personal Information;”
- your name, street address, city, state, zip code and email address; and
- whether you prefer to receive a response to your request by mail or email.
We will use reasonable efforts to deal with your request within a reasonable time. If you send a Request Concerning Personal Information by mail, then please do so by U.S. Certified Mail, Return Receipt Requested to allow for confirmation of mailing, delivery and tracking. Shapiro MD will not accept a Request Concerning Personal Information via telephone or facsimile. Shapiro MD is not responsible for any Request Concerning Personal Information that is incomplete, incorrectly labeled, or incorrectly sent.
You are solely responsible for the accuracy and content of your personal information, and for keeping your personal information current and correct.
Residents of the State of California have the right to request from certain businesses with whom the California resident has an established business relationship a list of all third parties to which the business, during the immediately preceding calendar year, has disclosed certain personally identifiable information for direct marketing purposes. We are only required to respond to a customer request once during any calendar year. To obtain this information, you should send a written request to email@example.com with the subject heading “California Privacy Rights.” In your request, please attest to the fact that you are a California resident and provide a current California address for our response. Please be aware that not all information sharing is covered by the California Privacy Rights requirements and only information on covered sharing will be included in our response.
We strive to use reasonable physical, technical and administrative measures to protect information under our control. However, you must keep your Account password secure and your Account confidential, and you are responsible for any and all use of your Account. If you have reason to believe that the security of your Account has been compromised, please notify us immediately in accordance with the “Contacting Us” section below.
Conversion Labs RX
DBA: Shapiro MD
800 Third Avenue, Suite 2800
New York, NY 10022
Attn: Privacy Officer
last updated: 9/24/2019